Data Protection Policy
Personal data held
The Whit Camp database holds personal data relating only to people who have booked for Whit Camp and comprises only the data provided. The following data is required and held for each booking which can relate to individuals or for a group:
- email address*;
- postal address;
- the times and dates of attendance*; and
- whether the person booking has agreed to this Whit Camp Data Protection Policy*.
The following information is held for each individual:
- Christian name*;
- mobile telephone number;
- date of birth*;
- whether the person relies on state aid;
- baptismal status; and
- any dietary needs.
The information contained relates only to the year of booking. In the process of booking it is mandatory to enter the information marked with an asterisk – the other information including notes or tasks the person may volunteer for are optional.
Processing of information
The personal information in the database is used only in the following ways:
- Planning for talks, workshops and general tasks such as meal preparation;
- Statistical analysis for price planning and other planning purposes;
- Occasionally, sending to the main contact for each booking, information by email relating to the forthcoming camp for which they have booked, for planning for events or duties and following Camp they attended, advertising when bookings are open for the forthcoming Camp;
- Email addresses will be shared with third parties attending the forthcoming Camp, who are preparing to lead an event during the forthcoming Camp for which they have booked and agreed to provide assistance;
- Children's ages and allergen details are shared with those leading children's sessions;
- The telephone number of those who have volunteered to act as First Aiders are displayed in the marquee over the weekend.
Access, accuracy and erasure
Anyone whose information is stored in the database may request to:
- See and update the personal information that is held about them;
- Request that all their personal information to be removed from the database for Camps that have occurred in the past and replaced by anonymised values.
Personal information held in the database is never obtained from any other organisation and never shared with any other organisation.
Privacy and Security
- The database is run using Google’s Sheets and Forms and access to the database by the committee only is secured using two-step verification where possible.
- The database coordinator who is part of the committee will be notified immediately and automatically, by email of any unusual login activity.
- Backup copies of the database are made on a regular basis.
- Unless requested otherwise, personal data held will be retained indefinitely to assist with statistical analysis for price planning and other planning purposes.